Active Language online staffroom

Exam Preparation – IELTS

on September 18, 2015

I don’t know about you, but I have absolutely no idea what IELTS is all about.  Chris and Fiona both have experience of these exams, so you might like to rack their brains!  Alternatively, FutureLearn in association with the British Council are running a short course which starts this Monday.  Although aimed at people taking the test rather than those preparing students for it, it will give you an insight into the format of the exam and there might be some useful tips which are transferable to other exam preparation classes.

2 Responses to “Exam Preparation – IELTS”

1. simon says:

IELTS… all I remember is slightly tedious technical texts but I’m sure it’s moved on since then! I’d be interested to know whether it’s something our students might be interested in or not. Any thoughts would be gratefully received!

2. And this from Chris…

Yes, do feel free to “rack our brains” if anyone has any questions about Ielts.
    I did look into it when we first came here as I’d have liked to have kept active with the Ielts examining, but there doesn’t seem to be any demand for it around these parts. The nearest centre that offers the exam is (I think) in Marbella. This might change if more people from the area start to look into studying overseas, especially in the UK, but then it seems more universities are accepting the CAE exam now, so perhaps not.